– REBUILDING SOUFRIERE & SCOTT’S HEAD AFTER HURRICANE MARIA –
Welcome to our website about the villages of Soufriere, Scotts Head and Gallion in the Commonwealth of Dominica.
On September 18th, 2017, Hurricane Maria devastated our community and our adopted country of 25 years.
Here we relate our experiences during the super-storm, as well as the on-going process of recovery and rebuilding the community. You will find the following sections on our site:
- The Maria Chronicles – Our story of the days leading up to, during and right after Hurricane Maria.
- Recovery – The ongoing process of relief, recovery and rebuilding.
- The Nature Island – Why we love Waitukubuli
- How You Can Help – Ways in which you can get involved to help the recovery effort.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments!
Simon & Wendy Walsh